Revolutionising Returns: The future of the first mile
The technologies that will transform returns from a growing opportunity into a significant revenue stream for Posts, carriers & 3PLs
11 October | 4pm BST | Twickenham Stadium, London
eCommerce returns represent a growing source of parcel volume, but most Posts, carriers and 3PLs don’t have mature solutions to provide retailers. With return rates continuing to rise, and more and more retailers having to implement controls and charges to manage returns, logistics providers are well-placed to step up and capture more parcel volume and new ecommerce merchant customers.
This is set to accelerate with the deployment of more advanced technology in the first mile, removing one of online retail’s biggest barriers to growth and profitability.
What we will explore
How new technologies will reshape the role of 3PLs, carriers and Posts in the first mile sector.
New research highlighting merchants’ challenges today and the value of providing the solution.
The key strategies for elevating merchant loyalty and adoption of your solution.
How to avoid the pitfalls of automation and remove barriers to adoption of new technology in your organisation.
Head of Pick Up, DPD UK
11 October | 4pm BST
Welcome and participant introductions
Scene setter | Navigating the challenges and opportunities of the first mile
Tim Davies, Head of Pickup, DPD UK
Discussion | Harnessing technology to transform returns and win more new business
- What are your prospective and current customers experiencing in returns, and what do they want from you?
- Where today’s returns journey isn’t working, and what could fix it.
- A Doddle perspective on returns – how we see the market, what’s coming next, and the technologies that are likely to reshape how logistics providers approach returns.
- The value that could be unlocked for merchants and their logistics providers: intelligent processing, faster restocking, fraud and abuse detection, revenue recovery and more.
- An Amazon case study, learning from the best – what Amazon are doing and why they’re doing it.
Doddle believes in the power of lasting impressions. For us, that means creating delivery and returns experiences that shoppers will remember.
Our white-labelled technology enables customers to collect & return their online shopping from the place that suits them best. Efficient, fast and flexible for consumers. Simple and cost effective for retailers & carriers. And greener, cleaner streets for us all.
We have a unique background in dealing directly with shoppers and pioneering technology innovations that gives us a unique position in the delivery and returns arena.
We’re headquartered in London, with regional teams in Australia, US, Europe and the Middle East.
Find out more at: www.doddle.com/